|Posted by Kathy Sandru on November 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM|
Now it's time to name the top 5 women of The Bold &The Beautiful! Again, I complain about the lack of diversity of women of color (other than illegals & maids) on this soap! How the hell can you have a show based on fashion with no sistas?! We LIVE for fashion! We are STONE-COLD Fashionistas! Some of us may be unemployed, or underemployed or stay at home moms,but you best believe that the majority of us will be rockin' mad style at PTO meetings & CHURCH! Sistas gotta get her hair did & the nails done, you know! (can I get an AMEN?!) You know how this goes - I give you the Top 5 according to the boards, then I give you my PERSONALTop 5:
5: DARLENE CONLEY - Sally Spectra
4. BOBBIE EAKES - Macy Alexander
3. HUNTER TYLO - Dr. Taylor Hayes - Forrester
2. KATHERINE KELLY LANG - Brooke Logan - Forrester & JOANNA JOHNSON - Caroline/Karen Spencer (tie)
1. SUSAN FLANNERY - Stephanie Forrester
And here is my Top 5 (This was a little more challenging, since there have been some very good performances by women on this soap) :
5. LESLIE ANNE-DOWN -As Jackie M, she is totally hot as a woman over 40! She's the only woman over 40 I have seen that can rock a mini-skirt & go-go boots! She's like that prim & proper English school mistress who is an undercover Dominatrix after class! She lives by the motto "No Apologies"!
4. BOBBIE EAKES- A Tigress in the All American Woman package! She was the daughter of Sally Spectra, the love of Thorne's life and one of the few characters on B&B who took viewership with her when she left. Eakes & Jeff Trachta (Thorne, No.2) had such chemistry together, there were fans who actually thought they were married or dating in real life!
3. DARLENE CONLEY- A role model for us big gals, she was full of fire, moxie and Divalicious as Sally Spectra! She also had a big heart & was fiercely protective of those she loved. And it was an injustice to us viewers not to have a episode (or two) with a proper memorial to the character (and the actress) One lousy 2 minute tribute. NO ONE,YOU HEAR ME, NO ONE can properly portray Sally as Conley did.
2. HUNTER TYLO- She's put up with alot of crap as Dr. Taylor Hayes Forrester,and while her character is by no means a "saint" (as some TayHaters will have you to believe), she still has more class than that tramp Brooke! She's been "dead" twice, yet still manages to keep her head together. Her only flaw? waiting in the wings for Ridge. Honestly, I can't see why a gorgeous, intelligent, independent woman would even bother with that whaffling idiot! But, she not a blonde; therefore, she's doomed to be more unlucky in love than the LoHoes!
1. SUSAN FLANNERY- My girl! So many fans love to hate Stephanie, you KNOW Flannery is doing something right! Stephanie is overly obsessed in Ridge's life,but what mother isn't? Her ex Eric left her for another (younger) woman, was fired from Forrester (the money HER father left her to start up the company), she's suffered through mini-strokes, lost her mom but still she RISES! is the only one of a few actresses in Daytime who can express more with her eyes & facial expressions than in the spoken word. She makes ANYONE whose is in a scene with her a good actor! If Flannery's character was ever killed off, well, that'sTHE END!!!!!
5. SARAH BUXTON (Morgan DeWitt) & KIMBERLIN BROWN (Sheila Carter) - TIE!
4. LESLI KAY (Felicia Forrester) - Note: She has been written off contract now, a BIG LOSS & A BIG WASTE!
3. JENNIFER FINNEGAN (Bridget Forrester) Fans HATED to see her leave because she WAS the character of Bridget
2. JOANNA JOHNSON
1. ALLEY MILLS (Pamela Douglas, Setphanie's sister) - Climbing up the ranks, she is a RIOT as Pam & knows how to put the LoHoes in check!
I wish you and yours a BLESSED THANKSGIVING & BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!
Categories: Top 5's List