|Posted by Kathy Sandru on November 21, 2009 at 8:14 AM|
If you don't already know, here on The Bold & The Beautiful Blog, I try so hard not to hold my tongue when it comes to this show. This time, I'm gonna do things a bit differently. As Tina Turner says "I'm going to take the first half & do it nice & easy; the second half I'm gonna do it nice & rough!" This half of the Top 5 List will contain the Top 5 men of B & B of all time (according to fans on various soap fan sites), then I am gonna give you MY Top 5 (and some bubbling under) of men past & present. I make no bones about it....The absence of African American men on this list pisses me off to NO END!!! Just when we see some brothas on the show, they are either written as background characters or as quasi "Uncle Toms" from the "Black Acting School"!
I fault Bradley Bell for not hiring writers of color & the current writing staff for this! Y'all know that if Justin was written the right way, he would be getting all up in Eric's grill about Do-Hoe & ya know he would've tapped it already!!! There is nothing, ya hear me? NOTHING more erotic and hot than a STRONG BLACK MAN!!!! Ok, I'm off the soapbox (for now) & here's the list:
5) MICHAEL FOX (Saul Feinberg, Sally Spectra'scompanion/confidante & "the best damn design room cutter of all time")
4) JEFF TRACHTA (Thorne Forrester; he was the 2nd person to play Thorne before Windsor Harmon stepped in the role)
3) JACK WAGNER (Dominick "Nick" Marone)
2) JOHN MCCOOK (Eric Forrester)
1) RONN MOSS (Ridge Forrester)
And here is MY LIST:
5) ANTONIO SABATO JR. (Dante Damiano) - He doesn't have to act; he can just stand in one spot and flash those pearly whites & dimples....Oh, man.....Ciao Bella!!!!
4) JEFF TRACHTA - Not taking anything away from Windsor Harmon, Jeff will be the only Thorne for me! His scenes with Bobbie Eakes (Macy Alexander) were classic. And he was more aggressive asThorne.
3) LORENZO LAMAS (Hector Ramirez) - Again, another character that was not allowed to develop. A hot fireman whose scenes with HunterTylo (Taylor Hayes Forrester) were hot also. And he was one of a few men who stood up to Ridge!
2) MICHAEL FOX - He was Sally Spectra's voice of reason & one of the few men who knew how to handle the red-headed firecracker Sally was! They had great chemistry together & he was one of a few actors on the show who had acting chops!
Sorry No video.
1) JOSEPH MASCOLO (Massimo Marone) - Didn't take no B.S. fromanyone, much less Eric! Now he was (and is) the type of man B&B needs! He's is Ridge's biological daddy (and Nick's 1/2 bro) and IMHO,the only man to make Stephanie's toes curl! Scenes with him & Susan Flannery were explosive. Yet one of many examples why Bell & the writing staff should be fired - for not developing his character & keeping him on the show! He would've handed Forrester Creationsto Stephanie on a silver platter! & Ridgie would've realized his wet dream of being CEO!
Honorable Mention goes to:
DON DIAMONT (before "Dollar Bill's" castration by Katie Logan)
RICK HEARST (Whipple "Whip" Jones)
DANIEL MCVICAR (Clarke Garrison)
IAN BUCHANAN (Dr. James Warwick
It's the ladies' turn next week! So hollar back at me if you agree or disagree with my list & tell me who YOU think should be in the Top 5. Later!
Categories: Top 5's List